When it comes to choosing women’s incontinence pads and pants, a lack of education about the available options — as well as the taboo nature of the topic — prevents many Australians from finding products that are best suited to their needs.
At Night N Day Comfort, we believe that every person should have access to comfortable and dependable incontinence products — and we firmly believe that education about the available types of incontinence products is a great place to start. With this in mind, we wanted to write something that could become your go-to guide to women’s incontinence pads and pants. This is why, in this blog, we will be covering how to choose the right incontinence product for your needs and explaining the different types available to you, as well as sharing our best tips and tricks from our over 33 years of experience in the continence and healthcare industries.
Here is everything you need to know about choosing women’s incontinence pads:
Understanding your options
If you are looking to find high-quality incontinence products, the first step is learning about the different types and styles available. Ranging from women’s liners and pads to supportive incontinence underwear, you may prefer a particular women’s incontinence product style depending on your individual needs. Whether you are looking for extra support during exercise or are interested in more comprehensive options to assist with urinary and/or faecal incontinence, some of the most popular products for women available on the market today include:
- Women’s incontinence pads — Ranging in size and thickness (absorbency) liners and more substantial pads and inserts are a standard go-to for women experiencing incontinence and bladder leakage. Similar to menstrual pads, these products are placed in underwear and used to absorb any leaks and accidents throughout the day. There are both disposable and reusable options for this type of incontinence product. These are available as both a washable and reusable product, as well as a disposable alternative.
- Disposable incontinence briefs — Depending on the extent of support you require, disposable briefs can be a helpful and easy incontinence product. While they are easy to use, it is important to note that disposable products are more expensive over the medium-to-long term as well as create a considerable amount of environmental waste and landfill than their reusable counterparts.
- Reusable incontinence underwear — As a dependable, effective and eco-friendly choice, many Australians have begun to use reusable incontinence underwear to provide them comfort and support during the day or overnight. Available in various styles, sizes and capacities, these products can easily be washed and reused on a regular basis.
Things to consider when choosing incontinence products
Now that you know a bit more about the options available, there are still a few more things to consider before you purchase an incontinence product. Instead of rushing into a decision that will not be the best fit for your needs, we highly recommend taking a minute or two to think about your answers to the following questions:
- How often do I experience incontinence?
- How regularly am I planning on using this incontinence product?
- What is the average amount of leakage I experience?
- What type of incontinence am I dealing with?
- Is my incontinence triggered by particular events (exercise, stress, etc.) and how often do I participate in these activities?
- How important is it to me that my incontinence product is discreet to use?
- Do I have a preference for one style of incontinence product?
Using the answers to these questions as a blueprint, you can now evaluate any potential incontinence products to ensure it meets your needs. For more information about different types of women’s incontinence products and their best uses, please read through our very informative FAQs page.
You can also try our new incontinence product finder to help you find the right incontinence product. Simply answer the questions and it will help you find the best product to suit your needs.
How to choose the right incontinence products
Having completed the needed research and self-assessment, it is now time to choose which incontinence product is the best fit for you. As leading providers of the best women’s incontinence pads in Australia, here are our top three tips for choosing incontinence products:
Comfort is paramount
No matter which style you end up choosing, your comfort should always be one of your top priorities. Even if a particular product offers great absorbency, if it is not comfortable to wear throughout the day, it is not the best option available. There is no need to feel uncomfortable while wearing incontinence products — so don’t settle for anything less than comfortable!
Trial different styles to see what you like
While you may have done your research on a particular product, there is a chance that it won’t be the best fit. This is why we recommend trialing different styles, brands or types of incontinence products to find a better option that works well for your needs.
Buy from well-respected and trusted brands
Buying from well-trusted brands is one of the best ways to find durable and high-quality incontinence products. With over 33 years of experience working with the local Australian community, you can trust that all of the incontinence products sold by Night N Day Comfort are sure to meet your standards.
Buy the best women’s incontinence pads and pants in Australia
As a leading manufacturer and provider of women’s and men’s incontinence products across Australia and the World, Night N Day Comfort is proud to offer highly effective, comfortable and discreet incontinence products that make a difference. Explore our entire collection of women’s incontinence products online today to find high-quality, affordable options that you can depend on.
For more information about our available products or for additional support with your online order, please feel free to contact our customer service team. We look forward to hearing from you!